Another advantage of sub-accounts is that children do not need an email address. When your child is old enough to have their own email address, please contact us to add an email address to the account.
- Go to Settings \ Sharing \ Health Care Team Sharing
- Under ‘Share Data with My Health Care Professional’, type in the name and email of the HCP.
- Click [Share My Data]
You can’t easily work out your correction ratio if you’re doing both carbs and correction at the same time. So you need to start with a good BG before a meal (ie no correction), and get the carb ratio right first.
To get the correction ratio, do a correction at least 2 hours after eating, and 2 hours before eating again ie no eating or other insulins 2 hours either side.
Think of it like a science experiment – only change one thing at a time!
- Settings\Insulin\Advanced\Dawn Effect is enabled but you didn’t set a time period when Dawn Effect returns to zero
- You have Settings\Insulin\Advanced\Log basal insulins manually but you didn’t log a basal insulin, or you entered an incorrect counter-balancing basal rate
Note: We DO NOT recommend this mode until you have been using Jade for 2 weeks.
Apple Health and Apps
Apple Health allows iOS Apps to share health data, including food and nutrition, insulin, blood sugars and exercise.
Food apps allow Jade to dose from hyper-accurate food data, without double-entry.
If Apple Health is enabled and you use a food App, carbs, protein, fat and fiber will be tallied over the last 15 minutes (if there is more than one entry) and defaulted automatically every time you open the Add Log screen. Also, when you manually add food data to Jade, it automatically places it into Health.
Exercise data from Apps such as Nike, Strava, allow Jade to predict with accurate exercise data, without double-entry.
Dexcom, Freestyle Libre and other devices
- iPhone – you can use MiaoMiao or LinkBluCon devices to put data into Apple Health, from where Jade can get it without requiring internet connectivity
- Android – you can use the Glimp App as a Libre scanner replacement, push data to a personal NightScout site, which Jade can read every 5 minutes and then push back down to the app.